Current Job Openings
The Research Assistant provides research support for the Center for Connected Health’s research and patient programs. The Research Assistant participates in the enrollment and screening of research subjects, and in the collection and recording of research-related data in accordance with established study protocol. The Research Assistant works closely with the Research Fellows, Research Coordinators, and Project Managers to implement study protocols. Please note: this is a grant-funded position. While it is a regular, benefits-eligible position, the grant provides funding only until May 2015.
- Participates in and supports the planning, development, and implementation of clinical protocols in accordance with research parameters set out by the research fellows and principal investigator.
- Works with the project manager and research coordinator in the planning, scheduling, and implementation of day-to-day activities and procedures, ensuring efficient workflow and adequate care and treatment of research subjects and program participants.
- Screens, enrolls, and instructs research subjects for assigned research program(s).
- Helps to coordinate the recruitment of subjects, including implementing advertising and email strategies
- Assists in the collection, monitoring and management of data as required by established study protocol.
- Assists with collaboration and administrative coordination between investigators and ancillary departments, research subjects, sponsoring organizations, and/or regulating bodies.
- Represents and promotes the objectives and activities of research studies to various internal and/or external constituencies, as appropriate.
- Assists in creation and execution of statistical analyses for CCH clinical trials.
- Assists in program evaluation efforts, including data collection, consolidation and executing analysis plans outlined by the program evaluation team.
- Assists in providing administrative support to the research team including but not limited to scheduling meetings, setting up conference calls, managing expense reports.
- Assists in grant writing, administrative management of grant submissions by team members and acts as a liaison with grants management at MGH.
- Assists in manuscript preparation and submission to journals, managing manuscript revisions and assist with other dissemination strategies like creating posters, PowerPoint presentations etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to maintain detailed records of all data
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team
- Interest in the use of technology in delivering healthcare
- Spanish speaking skills preferred
- Bachelors degree, Masters degree or research/clinical trials experience preferred.
- Proficiency with computer applications, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access), MS Sharepoint and the Internet
- Working knowledge of statistical concepts and use of preferred statistical software (ie. SAS, STATA) preferred.
- Knowledge of MS SSL tools, MS business intelligence tools preferred.
- Professional office setting
- Some local travel required
For more information and to apply, please contact Clare Flanagan at firstname.lastname@example.org